Monday, January 23, 2012

DIY Valentine Projects - Card Verse Ideas

Wow, did I find a treasure when I went searching for some free verses and quotes for DIY Valentine cards. This site, Imag-e-nation, has plenty of free verses and quotes and much more. Unlike some sites that I found, this one has no restrictions on how you use their words. The link is here, but be sure to look around the site for their other goodies after you choose the words you want for your handmade cards. I list a few of these options below.

The verses and thoughts are wide-ranging in style. Some are brief and funny while others are longer and sensitive. Some rhyme and some do not. I even saw a wonderful Bible verse from Corinthians. There is something for everyone on your heart-day card list.

If you click on Card Making Ideas across the top of the page, you'll find some links that include free printables and a list with the meanings of various flowers when given as gifts.

Imag-e-nation sells card-making and crafting supplies in the UK. Their site is very user friendly in that you can opt to have the prices displayed in the currency of your choice. Just scroll down the left side and select from five options. This was a very nice surprise and tells me something about their customer service attitude.

This is part of my series (1/15-2/14) of Valentine projects.

For other projects in this series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Valentine Projects." I will post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling lazy, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: