Thursday, December 1, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - 60-Second Earrings

Earrings in 60 seconds? That's for me! I love earrings and I love to give earrings as gifts. The tutorial is at this link at CraftingRebellion. This is part of our series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas.

The instructional photos are clear and the tutorial is easy to follow. I was happy to find that I already had all the supplies I need already on hand. I just never thought of using some of my small embellishments as earring-fixings.

I can easily personalize them for folks on my list by the colors I choose. I can vary the types of flowers or critters or geometrics to suit the recipient. Some of my friends are very brave in their jewelry choices while others are very conservative. This will be so easy to do.

She even explains how to make your own special "earring cards." That, too, is something I am excited about.

I'm happy that she shared the particular glue to use. There are so many new adhesives out there today that choosing one for a project can be frightening. I have quite a few varieties already on hand because they each seem to bond only to certain media.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: