Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Prayer Rock


I have seen these for years and I always mean to make some. Now I have no excuse. At this time of year, prayer is a big part of the coming season. This is a nice gift to give anyone and still not offend them because it is a non-denominational prayer. I found this tutorial at KatsCraftCorner, at this link. It's part of our series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas.

This is a popular bazaar and craft fair item, but I can never find them when I want some. This tutorial is brief but complete. You can use any type of little stone or rock, but smooth ones look best. The project is easy to adapt to whatever fabric you wish to use.

There is a link on the page so that you can easily print out the poem that is the biggest part of the little gift.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: