Monday, November 21, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Grass Heads

I love these. They are a cross between Mr. Potato Head and a Chia Pet, but you can make them yourself at home and give them as gifts. This is a cute addition to our series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas.

This is another post from HomemadeGiftsMadeEasy and the link to Stephanie's tute is here.

She has complete details and tips in the instructions. As she points out, these are great for gifts for kids but adults have fun with them, too.

I was going to wait to post this later this month or early December, but they take a week to sprout. Some of you will want to give them to folks to grow after they get them, and some will want to make sure they are growing before giving the gifts. I wanted to be sure you had time to make the choice.

Supplies are cheap and easy to get. You will have a lot of fun with these. Don't worry if they are not as "artistic" as Stephanie's are. I would think half the fun of these would be the silliness and goofiness of the faces. You could accessorize them to fit the recipient's personality.

I've been posting these ideas since 9/21 - that's two months now. I am constantly amazed and in awe at the projects folks create. They are amazing.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: