Saturday, October 1, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Stress-Relieving Capsules

I really love tonight's idea for stress-relieving capsules. It is, of course, a gag gift, but one I haven't seen before and one I wish I had been smart enough to create. The original link is here at Budget101, with the instructions, but please also read on, here, for an idea or two I have about these.

This is another in my daily, ongoing posts with ideas for handmade Christmas gifts. This one is a great gag gift to give to any adult, and even teens.

I pray nobody I know, locally, is reading this, because I seriously am going to begin stashing all the bubble wrap I can, from now until Christmas. I intend to give these to almost everyone I know. It's such a cute idea and one they will all relate to.

I can use your help, though. I am trying to come up with a clever way to pack them. Just putting a square of bubble wrap or a sheet of it with a tag or card seems bland. I thought about simulating a pill bottle by using a bathroom tissue roll to place a piece of wrap in and finding a spray can lid that would fit over the end, but that gets clumsy.

See, capsules usually come in a pill bottle or in an almost-flat cardboard box. I'd like to use a piece that has an appropriate number of bubbles, sort of like they sell in allergy or cold capsule packs - 12, 24, 30, that sort of number. But I really am straining my brain for a cute way to wrap, pack, and/or otherwise present them. Any ideas?

I feel sort of noble doing these, too, because I can now recycle all that bubble wrap that I used to toss away.
For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

No comments: