Thursday, October 6, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Measuring Cup Wind Chimes

Earlier this week, I shared the link for templates and the tute for making recycled greeting card baskets/containers from AllFreeCrafts. Unexpectedly, today's post in the ongoing series of handmade Christmas gift ideas is also from that site.

Twila's wonderfully cute idea for measuring cup wind chimes really got my attention. The tutorial is here. My fave wind chimes are the ones my sis, now gone, used to have before she gave up her home to enter long term care. A friend made them for her out of old teaspoons, flattened and hung off a teapot lid. These measuring cup chimes look like they will be great for gifts, as well as for me.

I can easily see this being used with brand new cups and whisk, as well as a way to recycle used ones. I can see them with or without embellishments.

They make great gifts for anyone with a place to live - a home, mobile home, motor home, apartment, condo - you name it.

Twila shares how to avoid the need to drill holes by simply choosing the right cups. That's for me, that's for sure.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway (deadline Oct 31) for $25 in handcrafted merchandise from my Etsy store.

No comments: