Saturday, October 22, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Jar O' Elastic Hair Bands

Talk about a quick-and-easy gift project, this must top the list for gifts for females on your list. This tute is part of our series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas. The photo is from their website.

I don't think I've ever seen an easier way to make cute hair bands. It doesn't require any sewing or gluing. It's low-cost. It's all-around GREAT. I found this at LilBlueBoo and the tutorial is here.

Ashley's projects are always fun and practical at the same time. Be sure to read the comments below the post to pick up some additional tips. These folks have already tried the tute and some offer suggestions.

I wish I had enough hair for a hair band, but I have enough friends who use them to make it worth making some of these.

Ashley could use some prayers, as well. She just went through emergency surgery which included an emergency hysterectomy, requiring major blood transfusions. After healing, she will be undergoing chemo for additional issues.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway (deadline Oct 31) for $25 in handcrafted merchandise from my Etsy store.

No comments: