Sunday, October 23, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - DYI Boxes to Print for Smaller Gifts

Half the pleasure of giving a gift is in the packaging, and tonight's post for free printable gift boxes and bags makes it easy. This is part of our series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas. What I love about the ones I'm going to tell you about is that they do not require wrapping. This truly delights me. I am all-thumbs when it comes to neat corners or full and frothy ribbon bows.

Stephanie, at HomemadeGiftsMadeEasy, posted the downloadable template here. These are great for small gifts - jewelry, trinkets, toys, cash, and more.

At that link, you'll also find little squares to click with additional templates for a Heart Box, Cube Box, Bag with Handles, Simple Gift Bag, Square Box with Lid, Square Gift Box, Rectangular Gift Box, and a 30 Second Gift Bag.

The Simple Gift Bag, as Stephanie says, is great for "small gifts like candies, soaps or bath-salts."

I've included photos from her site for both the small gift boxes and the Simple Gift Bag.

We have printers; why not take advantage of them? I think this is great. I don't have to fight the shopping crowds to find just the right size box for a small gift. I don't have to have huge rolls of gift wrap with a 4"x4" hole cut from a giant sheet. Her collection gives me lots of choices for those smaller items. And, they are quick and easy.

Depending on how you label and tag it, your recipient can also re-use the box. This makes it a two-in-one gift.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway (deadline Oct 31) for $25 in handcrafted merchandise from my Etsy store.

No comments: