Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thoughts On Etsy Shops and the Coming Holiday Season

 I have not even once posted about my Etsy shop in over three weeks. How neglectful is that? I have dozens of items in my shop and it seems all I have done this past few weeks is let them just sit there unnoticed.


The holiday season, for Etsy shops, is already underway. What I have to realize is that for Etsy owners, we have to always consider the time it takes to ship the items. So, while a local shop can sell something until just about midnight, Christmas Eve, or even later, we do not have that luxury. We must draw whatever attention we can, to our shops, and get our sales before mid-December, if the customer is to receive it in time.

Not only that, if the customer plans to then mail it elsewhere, the deadline is even shorter.

That said, I must begin, this weekend. to take photos of Christmas-related items and get them into my shop, quickly. This covers ornaments and items in Christmas colors, etc.

I must also review all my descriptions of existing listings and ensure that if I do not have a line in there, somewhere, that states it is great for a Christmas gift, or a tag to that effect, I must do it ASAP. In searches, this is critical.

I had planned to revise my banner to include only Christmas items. I haven't even begun that project.

Looks like I have some work ahead of me. That doesn't include the things I had planned to make for the shop for this gift-ing season.

I'm already lagging behind the more successful shops for this reason. Hopefully, you are ahead of me. If you are not, then, we'd both better get busy!

No comments: