Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Gratitude Attitude

I slipped and allowed too many days to drift by without posting here. To be fair, they did not just "drift" by. Mostly, they raced by, with me frantically trying to keep everything together. Keeping both myself and my middle-aged nephew in reasonably good spirits is a tricky deal these days.

Once again, we have gone behind in our utilities. I had finally managed to get current and was so happy about that, looking forward to some things we needed to do with household money. Then, the past three months, we've been busy getting stuff done on our year-old 2001 Saturn (still two more years to go to pay this one off). We've had struts, strut mounts, tie rods, bushings, shocks, a new wheel (finally, though, we now have a spare tire), brakes with all that goes with those...you get the idea.

Now, I'm not complaining, just explaining. None of these things could wait - we had already waited the whole year since we picked up this latest used car.

Anyhow, the thing I've learned, always, during times like this, is that I've got to have the right attitude.

See, I had to adjust my thinking. It's not that we had to spend for these repairs. It's that I am grateful we were able to finally do these repairs! To me, that is an awesome, glorious gift from God.

So, Dear Father, forgive my moments of frustration these past few months; forgive my whining to you and complaining; and please, instead, accept my gratitude for your help in finally being able to get these things done before they became even bigger problems.

No comments: