Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fun Stuff




Most of us do crafting for fun, for gifts, for ourselves. Some of us also do not mind selling some of our work. I draw the line at selling something that is major work and not enjoyable in the making of the item.

Through the years, handcrafters were very limited in how and where they could display the things they make that they enjoy selling and sharing with others. Local church bazaars, county fairs, consignment shops, and so on. Now, however, it's wide open. I especially love to sell on Etsy (www.etsy.com). They have a gazillion handcrafters who sell over there.

Anyhow, I just had fun taking photos of two of my latest additions - a cute refrigerator magnet that advertises for a Mother's Helper, and a pair of crocheted Bell Towel Toppers. The magnet is plastic canvas with the design stitched in worsted yarn, and the towel toppers are the type that allow you to insert a whole towel in them. This type of towel holder is great because you can change them anytime you wish, and this bell-style works just as well for the kitchen as it does for guest towels in the bathroom. This bell was my own design - I love making these.

I'm posting photos here, not to try to sell anyone anything, but I find that sharing photos of our work often triggers ideas for another crafter to try something different.

No comments: