Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jesus in Our Lives Today

After I posted two days ago about Christ's suffering for us, I realized that I have not "spoken" to him directly of late. I've prayed to the Father, to the Holy Spirit, and being Catholic, to the angels and saints. But oddly enough, I did not pray directly to our Savior.

There are so many issues in our lives today that Jesus can relate directly to, and understand from our point of view, simply because he existed here for over 30 years. He lived in the flesh, knew what pain felt like (Holy Week), how our emotions make us feel and react (the overturning of the tables in the Temple), and even business and friendship.

Anyone trying to build a team could easily find understanding from our Lord because of how he had to choose his own team, the Apostles.

Anyone trying to deal with social issues will find him an easy listener because his miracle at Cana shows he understands these matters.

He understands family relationships, "finding" one's self, spirituality, keeping the Commandments in spite of the views of those around us.

He understands hunger and thirst from his days and nights in the desert; he understands temptation; he understands unrequited love.

This last, unrequited, unreturned love, must be the most painful for him. All of God's children, all of those he died for, so many of them do not recognize what he did for them, do not love him back. The pain must have been, and must still be, agonizing.

Dearest Lord Jesus, forgive my reluctance to come to you of late, thinking you might be too busy for my small concerns when compared to the great concerns of others. I love you so much, and I promise to stay in touch.

No comments: