Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Place for Everything

I truly need to de-clutter my craft area. I spend too much time looking for things that should be easy to find. I spend too much money on buying things that I already have just because I cannot find the ones I already have. I spend too much energy worrying about this.

In the past, I have tried several approaches. I've tried devoting one hour a day to de-cluttering. I've tried doing one box a week. I've tried doing the pile I am digging through, at the moment I am digging through it. You must know by now, from the first paragraph, that I have not been successful.

When I worked, for many years of my life, over 50 of them, all my work areas were organized. I could always find everything when and where I needed it. Even in the most recent job, even though it involved editing and proofreading huge documents, tons of paper, it was labeled and I could find my way through it.

Why can't I do that at home, especially with my craft items and supplies? Maybe I need to treat it as my "job." I've resisted that. I'm afraid that if I do that, the joy I get from crafting will fade to dreariness and boredom.

Of course, I only need to treat it as my "job" until I get it organized. Then I can "quit my job," and have fun crafting...without the stress of being surrounded by clutter.

I think I'll hire me as soon as I can...

No comments: