Saturday, May 15, 2010

To Post or Not to Post

I went through almost a week without posting. Sometimes I open my blog file in Word and begin some thoughts, planning to post later that day or night, and I get distracted. I started a few posts these past few days. Finally, tonight, I finished one of them.

The posts are really important to me and I should treat myself to that pleasure. They help me sort out my thoughts. They help me find direction on days when I've almost lost my way. They help me - plain and simple. At times, I hope they help some of you, too. Some of the posts might actually relate to your lives, too, and make you feel like you're not the only one dealing with some issues. That would be icing on the cake.

Shoot - I had to go and write "cake." I'm not really craving sweets and/or cake. In fact, I'm not sure what kind would please me right now. If it were not so late, I'd just make myself a quick root beer float with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some diet root beer. Maybe tomorrow - something to look forward to.

When I get cravings for treats, if I can promise myself something special like the root beer float, then I can often delay grabbing something that's even worse for me. It's not that I eat a lot of what is not good for me. I eat more than I should of that stuff, but I do balance it with lean meats, olive oil rather than other oils, veggies, fruits, nuts, grains... I try to be smart. I do not know why I started on food. I'm gonna end this post right now before I get myself in trouble.

No comments: