Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Crochet & Knit Exchange Groups

For the next few days, I'll be sharing with you some Crochet & Knit Exchange Groups. I have buttons for two of these in my Left Sidebar, where you can go look around. I'll be adding another tomorrow.

Exchange groups are fun. You decide on a particular "exchange" that you wish to join for a particular month (Dishcloth, Scarf, Angel, whatever they offer in the Group), and you join. You are given a partner's name. You and your partner make and send each other an item from that category by the deadline.

It's fun seeing the work of others who share your love of crafting. It's also a lot of fun seeing a surprise arrive at your home or apartment.

Lots of crafters, like us, make things to sell, or for gifts, but we never get around to doing something for ourselves. This is a great way to treat ourselves to some things we, personally, would like to have.

You also get to see different patterns, different methods, different color combos you would never have thought to try.

Tomorrow, I will start several days of sharing info about a few different groups. I should warn you - it is addictive!

No comments: