Sunday, February 21, 2010

God Truly is Everywhere


Knowing that Jesus is God's only begotten son, when I say that God is truly everywhere, I mean that Jesus is, too.

When I need to pray at a sudden moment, at home, I often like to fix my eyes upon an image that helps me block out distractions. For that reason, I have an angel of some sort or another, in every room, except the bathrooms.

I have a cross or crucifix in some rooms. Today, it startled me when I was sitting in the living room, and wanted to talk to the Lord, to find that I had never managed to put up a cross in that room. Or, even in the kitchen. I sat looking around. I felt alone.

Suddenly, I saw "my" cross. My older double-wide mobile home is a '78. Wood paneling was common then. I still have it. I also still have the original fancy lattice that divides some rooms, from half-high to the ceiling. It divides the living room from the kitchen, and the living room from a common "media" room. That lattice has a design that forms rows of open-work motifs that looked to me like "crosses."

I tried to take photos today but it was too dark. Then I tried something - in Windows' Imaging program, I clicked to invert the color scheme and you can see the photos here. Even though the open-work "crosses" in the lattice dividers look bluish in these photos, they are really light brown paneling colors, and you can easily see the design detail.

I found my crosses. They are in three rooms, not just one! And I will never again have to worry about focusing for prayer while in any of those three rooms.

Thank you, Lord, for showing me that you are wherever I need you to be, whenever I need you to be there.

No comments: