Monday, December 7, 2009

Day After Precious Day

As I washed my hair tonight, I realized how blessed I am to be able to do that. I thanked God with all my heart and asked for forgiveness because I take life for granted these days.

Back in '99, when I was recovering from Stage 3 colon cancer, I had promised him I would never take a single moment for granted again. Being human, that worked for a year or so.

I thought tonight about how my friend Jane, who passed on in Feb this year, could not "do for herself" the past 3 years. I thought about my sister and what she is going through and how she had to depend on caregivers this past 4 years.

I immediately thanked God again - this time for my legs which move (and I will try to stop complaining about my foot, my knee, and my limp), for being able to still drive around, for being able to watch whatever TV show I wish to and change the channel under my own power, for being able to open my own front door, look out, and watch the rain and smell it.

So many things to be thankful for, even this blog and the fact that I can connect with all of you.

Father, forgive me for taking things for granted, and please accept my deep gratitude for all that you have blessed me with.

No comments: