Monday, October 5, 2009

Make It Easy On Yourself

With the holidays and gift-giving days approaching, not to mention items for craft fairs, and items to sell online, the hands of most handcrafters become very busy. How on earth can we make it easier on ourselves? How can we lower our stress levels and still produce all that we hope to produce?

I try very hard to pick patterns and projects that I love to make, or are easy to make, or are quick to make. I love it when a project is all three.

It is much easier to finish projects when we love what we are working on. This time of year is not the best time for new projects. It is the best time for tried-and-true favorites.

This is when I drag out patterns for items I have made during the year, and look back on them. Was it easy? Did I enjoy making it? Did I feel good about how the finished project looked and felt? Did folks who saw it really like it?

When all these things come together, it is a lot easier to get through the busiest season of the year.

There are really not a lot of "work-days" left for us handcrafters. Time flies. It flies faster, and more sweetly, when we make sure we are also having fun.

No comments: