Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bad Dreams

I never have bad dreams except if I am awakened by someone or something. If I wake up by myself, I never even recall my dreams. Waking on my own is good, for me, because my worries tend to produce some weird and often even scary dreams. However, if I doze off, or I am over-tired and am in the middle of a short sleep session, and am awakened by a phone call, an alarm, or something other than myself, I very often recall some frightening pieces of dreams.

I trust in the Lord. I do not trust in dream books or dream analysis. However, I do know that I need to be able to sleep without worrying about having these dreams. I suppose I should have prayed about this issue long ago. Until lately, though, my sleep patterns were more predictable and more suitable to my sleep-needs. The pattern I've been in for the past month and a half puts me into short sleep spurts. It's enough for me to function so long as I get a half hour or an hour nap here or there during the day. But it's not enough to stop these, well, I guess I have to say it, nightmares. It's not every night, but it's several times a week. I do not eat before going to sleep, so that's not it.

Yep, it's time to get help from the one Being who knows every cell in my body because he created every one of them. It's up to me to ask for this help, and now.

Heavenly Father, you have guided some folks and some tasks into my life's path and they have caused a different sleep pattern; to help these folks, to be my best, I need good rest, no matter how short a time it covers. Please watch over me when I sleep that I may have sweet dreams, if dreams at all; rock me to sleep and I will rest in your peace.

No comments: