Saturday, July 18, 2009

Charity Crafting

The Friday meeting of our local charity crafters was just me this week. One gal is traveling, one is ill, and the other was working a housecleaning spot. Even with only four of us, we have accumulated quite a few things between April 3 and now - that’s only 13 meetings, two hours each, and we already have the following... actually, we have even more because I have only counted their offerings, and have not yet included my own.

42 pair fingerless gloves for homeless
17 preemie hats and 17 preemie shirts
15 preemie booties
11 shawls and capelets for nursing home residents

I can’t wait until we can start handing them out. A friend from a crafting group is designated “charity afghan square joiner” and she just finished joining donated 12” squares and gave them to a hospital that is similar to the St. Jude children centers - she’s given them over a dozen so far, I think, and it is amazing.

Just a little here and a little there and it all adds up over a little time. What a wonderful feeling there is in doing these for the needy.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

wow that's great!

Kingdom_Seeker said...

That is so awesome. I wish I could find someone to help me out. I have 3 orphanages and over 90 kids that need baby booties, hats, blankets...you name it. I have a website at www.ContagiousHope.com if anyone wants to look at it.