Monday, July 13, 2009

Blog Hop Time Again - 3 Things You Don’t Know About Me

***If it is Tuesday, it is Blog Hop time and this one will be fun. It’s hard to say what you don’t know about me, because some of you know me well, but I’ll try to think of odd things.



First, you probably don’t know that I love all creatures great and small - except bees, wasps, and hornets. I have been known to carry deadly spiders, under a cup, and re-locate them elsewhere. But a wee bee will make me emit fear-enzymes sure to draw a whole swarm to me. As a kid, I was stung, two different times, once by a wasp and once by a bee. My fear is irrational, but it’s there.


A second thing you might not know about me is that I am a compulsive corrector. I cannot help correcting things. It can be words (as in proof-reading) or life problems. Now, that’s pretty arrogant of me, I guess. It makes me appear to think I know how to fix everything, but it’s mostly a nurturing urge. I could never carry a child past 8 weeks, so I have this urge to mother any and all. I do try to curb the tendency because it sure gets on some people’s nerves (sigh).


The third thing is that I love puns. I have always loved words and it follows that I love word play. Related to that, I love really weird rhyming combo’s. Growing up in the 40s, I loved how Ogden Nash rhymed the most unlikely words and had fun with it. I made people groan when I tried to do the same.


Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go visit everybody in the list below and learn all about them!***

MckLinky Blog Hop

8 comments:

Alicia W. said...

Great List, I loved reading your post.
Doin the blog hop and just had to say..
HELLO from S.C! :)

Jennifer said...

Nice blog and list! Just a blog hoppin' Have a great day!

Claudia said...

I actually relocated a bee the other day. Somehow, when I came in from outside, a little baby honeybee came in with me. My cat found it wandering around on one of my tennis shoes. So I got a newly washed glass jar with the lid, captured it and brought it outside to my lilac bush. My cat wasn't happy but it made my day. :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Havent had time to blog hop much this week... but will get to checking some out tomorrow...

But i had to take a peek at your blog & thank you for stopping by my blog and your very sweet comments!

Come back any time :o)
Blessings!
maria

(I also noticed we are fellow-etsy-ers :o)

HeatherOz said...

Hi!
Visiting from the blog hop! I am trying to visit at least 50 blogs from the blog hop and say "HI" to all of them. I decided to visit 25 blogs before my blog link and 25 blogs after my blog link.
Nice to find ya!
Heather


ps: I'm off to check out your etsy shop!

the brown couch said...

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!

Michelle Gibson said...

I can relate to #2 - I have a strong sense of justice and that things are right. (not many people like to be corrected though, lol)

#3, well that's punny. :-)

Missew said...

I love your post! I am WAY Behind on this blog hop. I like your idea of covering the 25 before and after your own. It's what I will shoot for next week (and also anyone that comments me)!