Monday, May 25, 2009

A Year Ago...

Back on 5/22/08, I began to post my thoughts about making things by hand. I just looked back at that first post. Back then, I never dreamed I would still be doing this every night for a year. There have been quite a few nights when I have not posted, but I’ve posted 171 times since the beginning. That’s about every other day, on an average.

At that time, I posted photos of items I received in online swaps onto Photobucket, as well as things I made by hand. I had no clue I would, a year later, have an Etsy store and be very happy with it. It will be interesting to see if I am still doing this a year from now, and where I’ll be at that time.

Meanwhile, I am having fun just sharing my thoughts, tips, and other ideas about the world of crafting. I might be almost ready to spin off another site about the life of an Etsy store owner - that is an entirely different world, and a lot of that would be about my failures and my successes in that area.

Here, however, I will keep on keeping on, with general posts about the handcrafting world at large - crochet, needlecrafts, why we do it, why we love it, why we cannot help but accumulate patterns, and supplies, and why we still give away, or sell, much more than we keep for our own pleasure.

Father, thank you for this blog where I can share my thoughts with others who might feel the same way.

No comments: