Monday, May 25, 2009

1st Anniversary of this Blog

Back on 5/22/08, I began this Blog. I never dreamed back then that I would be able to create a post every night for a year, except during the time immediately following a dear friend’s death.

There were some weeks when I missed some posts, and those were dark, empty nights for me because of the serenity I missed. There is something about looking back on the day and seeing what went right and being grateful for it, and seeing what went wrong and trying to figure out how to avoid that in the future. It has a satisfying effect and it soothes my soul.

My first post was titled “Why I love to pray,” and when I read it again tonight, I find I still feel the same way. Prayer gives me hope. I can never say that too many times to myself. When I pray, I am hoping God will answer me the way I would like him to, but I know that if there is an answer different from the one I hope for, he will show me the way to deal with it, and many times, down the line, he will show me why he did what he did.

I cannot imagine how lonely a life must be without the comfort of prayer. Tonight I pray that more and more people discover that comfort.

Thank you, Dear Father, for the blessing of prayer.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Congradulations on your one year anniversary. I am sooo excited for you. I have been gone a while and I have missed your beautiful words. I pray that all is well with you.