Friday, May 22, 2009

Passing the Time

Crafting is such a rewarding way to pass bits of time. The items I make often go for gifts, or for my sis in the nursing home to give as gifts, or to give to charities, or, God willing, to sell. As often as possible, I try to keep some items for myself.

It doesn’t even take large amounts of time. Even ten minutes on any project will move it along. After a few of those ten-minute sessions, progress is obvious.

I’m not sure where I am going with this post. I do know that I am grateful that I have such a rewarding way to fill in both large and small periods of time that would otherwise be wasted because I have not always planned for them.

I do love reading, and sometimes working Sudoku puzzles, watching TV, and working on my computer. But most of those things do not produce the pleasure of seeing something grow from my work with my hands.

Father, thank you for this method of passing the time.

No comments: