Thursday, October 13, 2016

Special Prayers Needed for a Cyber Friend of Mine

If you have a moment, can you please squeeze out a little prayer or two for a dear cyber friend of mine? She and I have never met in the real world. We both have Etsy shops and have often been in touch. She has such a sweet caring soul.

Right now, however, life is overwhelming her. She's trying to take care of her mom, both apartments, her fur babies, and so much more. To top it off, she feels she has lost her faith. She cannot understand why God permits so much suffering in this world of ours.

That is something we all think about from time to time, I suspect. I made my own peace with it a while back. Even in the time of Adam and Eve, the first couple had to deal with one of their sons murdering the other. How terrible that must have been to face after they had seen and tasted Paradise!

The thing I focus on is this: God made the world. When he made it, he made it Perfect. Then we sinned. He did set things in motion; he gave us free will. Some of us use that free will to do good; others to do evil. If God stepped in, we would no longer be able to call it Free Will.

So I try to focus on the good around me.

My friend has so much love inside of her but right now, her life is in turmoil and is smothering that love.

So I ask this: because I am not sure I have the words to console her and convince her that God still loves her and is keeping the worst from her world, let's pray that God speaks to her in ways that only he can, that he whispers his love to her.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, and most Holy Spirit, please see the pain in my friend's heart. Whisper to her from the depths of your endless compassion, and fill her with the peace that surpasseth all understanding!

No comments: