Thursday, October 6, 2016

Major Leak Under House - Yard Sale Cancelled

I've been up since 2 a.m. when a hissing from a leak under the house, toward the back, woke me. I turned off the water outside after making sure that's what it was. Now I'm trying to decide who to call: someone to patch or someone to completely re-pipe.
It will depend a lot on which one I can afford.

No matter how it plays out, and no matter how long it takes, I'll just go outside and turn it on every so often to refill the bathroom "tanks." I have plenty of paper plates and plastic forks and spoons, so I can keep dishwashing needs to a minimum.

Bottom line: you will not see me having the yard sale this weekend. No matter which one I choose, they will need to get under the house and they do that from my back patio area. If I get lucky, one of them will have it all torn up during the sale days. If not, I'm too worn out and concerned to deal with a sale of mostly $.25 items.


I am so grateful it wasn't one of those "gushers" with water pouring down the street. And I'm so glad I heard it when I did. 

Prayers for wisdom here would be appreciated.  

No comments: