Saturday, June 4, 2016

Silent Prayer Requests

Like most of us, I don't always let folks know when I need prayers. I know so many folks who need them daily, and probably will for years to come. In times of stress and distress, we are often overwhelmed by our troubles and do not even think to ask others to pray with us, or for us.

Because I am easily distracted by life's issues, I do depend on saying one prayer before I go to bed each night. In it, I include most of my friends and loved ones in one way or another. 

This is what I pray:
"Father, please bless and protect everyone in my mobile home community, the residents, the staff, and the owners, past and present. And please bless everyone who has ever helped us, tried to help us, or wanted to help us in any way, shape or form."

Now that I look at that, I think I also need to add: " ...and bless those who need your help and have not let us know about it - for those are probably the folks who need your help the most."

No comments: