Friday, December 3, 2010

When Silence is Golden

Those who read my blog have probably noticed that I frequently pray and worry about how quickly my mouth speaks before my brain goes into gear. Usually, the biggest part of my concern is for the times when whatever I say is something that I know will absolutely not change the person I say it to, or change their attitude in any way.

Recently, an e-newsletter that I subscribe to, crochetnmore, included some wonderful quotes on this matter. I saved them for myself, and then tonight, it came to me that many of you might love to rely on these words of wisdom, too.

"He who restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding. Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is counted prudent." Proverbs 17:27-28

"He who guards his mouth and his tongue, guards his soul from troubles." Proverbs 21:23

"Silence can be valuable; don't break it unless you can improve on it." This quote is from Our Daily Bread - April, 2010 Issue

No comments: