Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Poem for your Angel Gifts

Angels are popular as craft themes these days. I’m glad of that.

I crochet angels, make beaded angels, and plastic canvas angels, among others. Other folks do much, much more to promote the belief in angels.

Throughout the Bible, they are mentioned time and again as God’s messengers.

For years, every time I gave away an angel as a gift, I wished I could somehow convey to the person receiving it how much it meant for me to give it, and how much I hoped it would mean for them to receive it.

Finally, one day, I wrote the verse below.

I set it up on my computer, business-card size, and I print out a page of them on card stock and cut them apart and place them with any angel-themed gifts I make.

I hope you enjoy the verse and feel free to pass it on. I only ask that you be sure to place the (c) 2008 Evelyn Mayfield on each prayer.

Angels are His messengers
And our guardians, too
I made this Angel to protect
And keep watch over you.
(c) 2008 Evelyn Mayfield

2 comments:

Jzbeanie said...

Evelyn, Thanks for sharing of yourself in this blog!
It is so generous of you to allow the use of your verse, as well!
Eileen

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Thanks so much, Eileen. I appreciate you kind words. I also have a website (http://www.evelynmayfield.com/FrontPorch.html) with some crafting tips on it. I hope you enjoy the daily posts on my blog.
Hugs and prayers
Evie