Sunday, September 3, 2023

Delightful Birthday Yesterday

Yesterday's 84th birthday was one of the most delightful in recent years. It was nothing special but it was everything I needed. I managed to help some folks, weather was not crazy, food was great, and things moved along easily.

As we get older, it's rare to have a day without issues.

Yesterday, I enjoyed lots of Facebook birthday wishes, a surprise,  and  my "baby bro" who will be 80 later this month called me from another state.

I also had a chance to chat online with a dear old friend who used to live here and who lost her beloved husband earlier this year and hopefully, I was able to gently distract her from her depression and sadness over the loss.

I had a chance to chat via email with another dear old friend who is having many medical and emotional issues after last year's major medical issues following 2 falls and months of major physical therapy, and hopefully give comfort by simply "listening."

Also, I enjoyed working on some fingerless gloves for the Lord's homeless people in need.

Along the way, I slipped out quickly to a Starbucks drive-thru to claim (one day only!) a free food or drink item. Years ago, a friend sent me Starbucks gift card and it's still "alive" and I don't have to even buy anything during the year to get this free item each birthday. I chose a cheese/fruit protein box which had grapes, apple slices, crackers, and 3 wee cheeses including a wedge of brie.

So, dinner, I had some salmon salad, brie, and crackers - talk about an "elegant" dinner - LOL - the salmon salad is one I make from a tall can of salmon and freeze in one-cup portions. When I defrost, I eat 1/2 one day and 1/2 the next day.

The weather has been stormy lately and some t-storms have caused me to sometimes shut down the PC and TV but yesterday I was able to enjoy my Saturday Cozi TV shows (Columbo, Banacek, McMillan & Wife, McCloud, etc.) without that worry. The rains were there, but no severe winds and no nearby thunder.

Yep, all in all, I have to say yesterday was one of my most delightful birthdays in a long time.

Rolling along...

No comments: