Saturday, July 16, 2022

Did a Lot This Morning, Thankfully...

Got an energy burst this morning and did a lot in a 4-1/2 hour spurt.

Watered Silkie's 6 cat grass pots and because they are really wilted from our summer intense heat, I also sprinkled some seeds right onto the top layer, wilted grass and all, added some soil, and re-watered; they should sprout this week but won't last long. I'll start some fresh pots this week or next, as well.

Paid my pre-paid cell phone bill and another bill, online

My neighbor came by and changed my front porch light bulb which I keep on all night; it went out 2 nights ago and I'm no longer able to get my wobbly self onto my ladder.  I keep the back steps light on all night as well.

Divided my 32 oz. tub of plain low fat yogurt into 6 servings; added some of my beet/carrot puree to it and some pureed mango.

About the mangos, I had opened a freezer bag of mango chunks a few days ago and they're getting up there, so I pureed them and plopped into a jar for the fridge to add to my smoothies along the way, easily.

Took my little tub of pre-cut cantaloupe chunks and took my manual chopper and chopped them for dessert cups. I always make a "fruit cup" for a side dessert along with my dinner each night.

I also took about a dozen cherries I had in the fridge and pitted them and ate a few before I put them back into the fridge. I also posted a blog post about various ways to pit cherries easily(here)!

Took out my 1/2 lb. chub of white cheddar and shredded half and sliced half, and into fridge to add to things.

And I have long delayed once again opening a can of Salmon and dividing into 4 portions, freezing 3, and using the one, already, mixed with cottage cheese (my "salmon delight").

By then, my legs and knees were beginning to ache but I had managed to get some things done that make it really easy to eat healthy stuff in the coming days...

Rolling along...

No comments: