Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Diagnosis from Needle Biopsy

Thank you all for your ongoing prayers. My breast care surgeon told me today that the two small masses are both cancerous. We discussed options. Thankfully she was able to dismiss removing the entire breast. At least at this time. She said they are trying to avoid extreme surgery these days because of the pandemic and also considering my age and situation. But if, for example, three years ago I had followed up my lumpectomy on that breast with radiation, and still developed these a few years later, they would have strongly suggested breast removal because obviously the radiation was not enough.

However, she will be able to do both masses in one outpatient surgery and also try to find and remove some lymph nodes if they are close enough to where she is working.

That is very very important to me. I need to know if it has spread to the lymph system.

They will call me by end of next week with date for the surgery. That date is likely to be at least three weeks away.

After that surgery, further treatments, if necessary, will be discussed.

So, thanks again for those prayers which so far has helped me to avoid the worst case scenarios. I will take it one step at a time. Thankfully my medical team values both my quality of life and they tie it to my age and situation regarding various treatments and solutions. I am very grateful for that and for all of you.

Sweet Lord Jesus, thank you for watching over me. So far, so good. I rely on your compassionate healing and your guiding my medical team along the way. Please bless all those who have prayed about this along the way. Jesus, I trust in you.

No comments: