Saturday, October 17, 2020

Always SO Happy On Distribution Days!


This morning, Louise and George picked up 7 boxes and 8 13-gallon bags of our handmade hats, scarves, and gloves for our local homeless. We usually make this distribution in mid-to-late October. Even though some think our group is small, we seem to accomplish more than we expect. Two of us meet each Friday morning for two hours, and two work from their homes. We use only donated yarn which we have been continually blessed with. We will make another smaller distribution possibly in late February or early March, but that's unsure at the moment.

This time, our counts were:

Scarves            109

Hats                 324

Gloves             52 pr

I am very careful when bringing them out. At this point, at 81, I am not planning to do anything stupid, so I take my time. The boxes were relatively light but bulky for my short frame/arms. But usually the most difficult is hauling 8 bags out of my large back bedroom closet, then through the house to the pantry in the middle, and out the door and down the steps. I can only do 2 bags at a time, so that is four trips up and down the steps just for the bags. So I just make sure I have plenty of time and patience - that's all I need for most things these days, time and patience.

We are so happy to have this large amount once again. Our "hat" lady has been undergoing a lot of dialysis activity the past year and we were not expecting her to deliver 300 of them! Considering that early on, they were making 60 mile trips for dialysis every other day until they were finally approved to do the dialysis at home, that is amazing. Our ladies are so loving and compassionate and dedicated! I keep them each in my heart and prayers for special blessings.

Rolling along

No comments: