Monday, November 4, 2019

Weird Food Day

Well, the title of this one isn't totally correct - it was only one weird food combo I tossed together. The rest of the day was normal food prep for me.

The weird thing was when I realized I had an old package of Bob Evans whole cranberry sauce in the freezer and still had not figured out how I wanted to use it. I took it out yesterday and defrosted overnight. Then today, I tossed that whole container and 12 tiny meatballs from the freezer into the microwave. That turned out to be a really delicious saucy meatball mixup... ate half today and have half for tomorrow. I don't usually do beef but once or twice a month I give in. And I don't usually do the Bob Evans things because of all the salt or sugar, but I inherited this and will balance today's lapse along the way with healthier choices. I've made myself a promise not to become a stressed out health obsessive -

I did make 3 days' worth of coffee. And I cooked up 8 cups of brown rice, some for the fridge and most for the freezer.

I also packed 3 peanut butter jars with my CBR medley: can of whole corn, can of black beans, and can of Rotel - ends up a whole protein and I use that with the cooked rice during the week, especially when I can't decide what I really want. I also use that at times when I've eaten something I shouldn't and I want to balance it out.

There was one last package of Farmer John's maple breakfast sausage links, so I cooked them up and will use one or two each time I re-heat any of my veggie omelets.

All in all, I did get some food items taken care of... rolling along...

No comments: