Monday, October 7, 2019

My Poor Back Bedroom -


Aside from taking stock of my poor back bedroom today, I didn't do a lot today except for dividing up some things from the fridge into serving sizes and tossing them into the upright freezer.

The back bedroom (the bigger one) and the bigger closet is where I store the 13-gallon white plastic bags stuffed with our handmade items for charity distribution. At the moment, the poor closet is stuffed with 5 full bags for babies and vets. AND there are 10 bags for the homeless in that closet, and 8 outside the closet... okay, what's that, 23 13-gallon bags back there. It's also where the desktop PC is, and the bed I sleep in, and the recumbent exercise bike (which has 2 bags on the seat at the moment). I don't mind all of this... and neither does the cat. In fact, the cat loves to snuggle up against the plumpest ones - never could figure that out.

Anyhow, a few years ago, I used those big green or black Hefty lawn bags. Then they became way too heavy for me to lug from there, through the house, through the pantry, down the back steps, down the drive to the car trunk. These 13-gallon ones are manageable and I'll keep doing this as long as they remain manageable. That will probably be another couple of years.

While I was counting and stacking by destination, I also packed one filled with scarves; the gloves will go into the next one. That sounds simple but it takes time. I must gather what I've accumulated, count as I plop it as neatly as possible into those floppy bags, then attach a tag to the bag and make sure to document it in the file on my hard drive. When we take things for distribution, a little printout goes with those things with a list, a count, of the items being donated that day.

So, my old double-wide mobile home is happily holding for later distribution, not to mention the yarn donated for these items. About that yarn - do not ask!

Between things, I began a pair of slippers for a friend - she stopped in Friday at our usual charity crafting session and asked if I still made them. She bought a pair from me a few years ago, back in '13, I think. Anyhow, I love making those, so I began her pair so she can pick them up this coming Friday.
Rolling along...


No comments: