Friday, July 12, 2019

Prayers for Friend who has Lost Faith?

Someone I've known online for years because of our Etsy shops back in the day, emailed me today. I will try to get back to her this weekend but at the moment, I feel at a total loss for the right words.

She has lost all faith. She had a very tough life - sexual assaults as a child, eating disorder, many many medical issues, and lately, lost a boyfriend of 10 years, her car and the ability to drive, and has attempted suicide several times. She feels so alone. I feel anything I say will be totally inadequate. She feels the Lord has not kept his promise to her.

I'm asking for prayers to lift her up, in whatever way the Lord knows is best for her.

I do know that in my own troubled past, in my 17 active alcoholic years, many times I thought he had abandoned me. But over the years, I've come to realize that we, I, think in our own terms, the here and now. And he works in his own time, for final happiness. We can't always see a purpose in things.

At this moment, I have no clue how to help this woman. Perhaps our joined prayers will help provide an answer. I fear that anything I say to her might be the wrong thing. So for now, I'll simply say a simple prayer.

Father, you know who I am worried about. Please shower her with whatever she needs to keep stable and to survive this turmoil she is enduring. I do not even know what to ask for, but I know you know what's best for her! Please send that help? We trust in you.

No comments: