Saturday, June 29, 2019

July 4th Fun Bags in the Making


Over the years, I grew into the habit of giving out little treat bags to about a dozen folks in our senior mobile home park. 

Depending on what I've got, what I've decided on,  and how late it took me to decide (sigh), it can vary as to who I can give these to. In the past it was often to the Office staff, our newsletter delivery team, our charity crafting team, and a few neighbors.

For some odd reason, I fell away from it and miss doing that. So I ended up putting on my thinking cap and decided to at least do it for this coming July 4th. I won't let the cat out of the bag too early. I am not sure how many I can finish and I don't want some folks expecting something I might not be able to deliver. But I promise to let you know what I ended up doing.

Back in 2016, my notes say I dropped off a crocheted white star coaster, a handmade laminated bookmark, some printed puzzles/quizzes from the internet, mini-food-kabobs... things like that.
On the best of those years, I often ended up putting together 12 to 15 bags and enjoyed it immensely. The number has dropped a bit over the years - folks move, folks pass away...and other things happen in real life.

Anyhow, I've been having fun today working on some crocheted items and I hope they turn out the way I plan them...can't wait to share a pic or two next week.
Rolling along...

No comments: