Sunday, April 29, 2018

Taking a Wee Break

I’ve been a little busy the past 3 weeks.

Three weeks ago, it was my prep-week for that weekend park-wide-yard-sale which wears out my legs from all the lifting, bending, sorting and then carrying out and up and down the back steps...

The following week, week before last is my food pantry week which includes 3 different visits which include a lot of standing, then packing into the car, then at home, the lifting, carrying up the steps into the house, the sorting, rinsing (for some), deciding which to freeze and which to use up before they are spoiled.

This past week it was the newsletter week and this morning I finished delivering the last half of the 120 that I personally deliver each month.

None of these things are all day, every day. But they are physical in many ways and my elder-legs and joints pay a little along the way. I’m hoping to find time early May for new shoes, a pair for outside/street use and a pair for indoors. The ones I have are now so old and stretched, they provide no support for my bunion, hammer toe, and flat feet. I hate trying on shoes but I must do it before the summer really hits.

Anyway, this morning, after walking the 60 lots and rubber-banding to each porch railing, I managed to get to both Wally’s and Walgreens for some “fill-in” items needed (mouthwash, nanas, some other things). At home, I made some of my gourmet oatmeal, and I mixed up 1/2 gallon dry milk into 3 peanut butter jars for the fridge - that will happily take me through the coming week with milk. I also changed her litter box, swept the area, and shook out the rag rug the sits under the pan to catch some of the clay pebbles. I hope to plop 6 frozen battered fish fillets into the toaster oven later and eat those over the next few days. There was something else on my to-do list for today - I’ll look at my note later.

Rolling along...

No comments: