Monday, September 25, 2017

Why I Love the Ten Commandments

There are many times when I silently thank God for blessing us with the Ten Commandments. We mortals, we humans, have our dark side. For some it can be a very very dark side. But for most of us it usually involves a lot of gray areas.

I love having a really short, easy to remember, list of specific rules to live by.

Now, this doesn’t mean I obey them all. But it does help me to make decent decisions more often than notmany times more than not.

Last year, I wrote about my reasons and when I just read it again, I really really like that post - I can't put it any better now than I did then...

Father in heaven, brief as this post may be, I need to thank you outright for blessing us with the rules to live by. Please fill me with the grace and strength and wisdom I need to follow those rules more often than not. Doing that simplifies all the complexities and problems in life. And thank you for forgiving me for all the times I have not been wise enough to follow them.

No comments: