Wednesday, August 16, 2017

TV, Aromas, and more...

Back in October of ‘14, almost three years ago, I quit contract TV and went with a wild three-part system: old analog tv, indoor antenna and converter box. It works for my needs. Sure, I still miss some channels but for the most part, I get what I need and made my peace with it.

For the first year, though, it bugged me that I couldn’t pull in ABC - I missed Kelly, Price is Right, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune, as well as MeTv. Then I managed to wiggle the antennas and jiggle this and that, and got it to come in. After a few months, I lost it again. After almost another year, I got it back and I’ve enjoyed it for a few days. Small but happy treat for me.

Tonight, I will be smelling some delightful aromas from the slow cooker. I tossed in 14 oz kielbasa, diced; 2 pouches fresh string beans; 1 large zucchini, diced; and 1/2 c bbq sauce. I wanted to use up the zucchini and find a way to use the kielbasa in small portions. I had hoped to use both of the zucchini in the fridge but will use the other one some other way. Anyhow, it should smell delicious during the night. I will wake up starving.

I really love, love, love the drops in temperatures outside. Being in the 90s and only up to 103 is great. Plus, the mornings are cooler and for longer times, and the evenings actually cool down a bit -

No comments: