Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Prayers Answered, In A Way, Re: Etsy Shop

A week or so ago, I asked for prayers and prayed a lot on my own, for an answer to whether or not I should risk the new Etsy rules and re-open my shop.

Within hours, I received one Facebook comment, one blog comment, and a private email, all with pretty much the same focus: I should not risk my financial situation right now by opening myself up to holds against my bank account. That went along with my own feelings but I didn’t want to be stubborn without reason on this. Thank you, my dear friends!

I will, instead, focus on trying to get the Facebook page, and the photo albums, set up to work from there.

Some suggestions have come in along the way for me to open another account and use that, or to sell from another website other than Etsy or Facebook.

Here’s the things, folks. I am 77. I am trying to “simplify” rather than “complicate” my life. I want to work with what I’ve got, what I understand and am comfy with, rather than dive into something new and perhaps still unsure of itself. So, I do appreciate your caring and your suggestions. I only pray that you will understand my reasons for not trying those out.

Meanwhile, I am always thrilled by how quickly some prayers are answered.

Lord Jesus, you have told us to go to the Father through you. And you have told us that when 2 or 3 are gathered together in your name, you are there with us. I truly believe that, and I thank you for hearing the prayers of my friends on this matter and helping me to know what to do. Please bless these folks for taking a moment of their time to help someone else. We trust in you.

No comments: