Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Shot Out of a Cannon into 2017

In all the years since I started this blog, I have never completely missed posting to the Home Page for the entire month of January.

January. Where on earth did it go? I feel like I was shot out of a cannon at midnight, New Year’s Eve, right into 2017 and have not stopped.

There were all sorts of plans. There were even two very good New Year’s Resolutions that I was sure I could keep.

Just for laughs - those resolutions were:

First - I would begin on January 1 to make something, at least one item a week (better yet, one a day), to put into a tote for year-end gift giving. I love having token hand-made gifts for year-end handouts. Each year, I do try to do this. And each year, I end up going crazy the last two weeks before Christmas.

Second - I would make a “time budget.” I have been running around like the clichéd chicken without a head, busy, busy, busy, but not accomplishing half of what I wanted to do. Simply pretending I was my boss, and making myself a work-schedule, of sorts, might help a lot.

Those were for your entertainment. I have not made a move on either one. Not yet, at least.

Thankfully, I’m a stubborn old gal. I refuse to give in on this. Those were two very good resolutions. And just because I did not get the January 1st start that I’d hoped for, it does not mean I should drop them altogether.

So, up and at ‘em, old gal. Let’s give it the old Philly girl try - I’m on a cliché kick - If at first I don’t succeed, I’ll try, try again!

No comments: