Friday, February 3, 2017

New Car Battery Fun and Games

Almost finished with my new car battery fun and games. 

The 3-yr old battery gave up during the week. Well, it didn’t give up but its vital signs were troubled. After days of wondering about start-up problems, and a trip to “my guy,” I had to get a new one.

No matter how often I have done this in the past, I always forget, until either the trip home that day, or just a day or two later, that some things need to be re-sent.

The clock on the dash was the easiest. I ended up setting that as soon as I parked when I got back home that day.

The radio station buttons - now that’s a different matter. I didn’t try the radio until this morning. I was running around to 4 or 5 places, early, around 6 a.m. and I turned it on for traffic news.

Everyone who ever had a new car battery installed, and uses their car radios, already know this drill. You turn on the radio, expecting to hear certain voices or certain venues on a certain station. At first you think you pushed the wrong button. After hitting them all in succession, you realize you have to re-set them. That means finding the piece of paper I thought I had in the car with all my favorites listed. Couldn’t find it. For some weird reason, only 4 of the 6 needed re-setting. I still can’t figure that one out.

Anyhow, tomorrow I’ll do that. The piece of paper I looked for in the car wasn’t in there. It wasn’t in my purse, either. But I did find them in a little file on my computer.

Then I will have the car back to normal.

No comments: