Friday, December 23, 2016

Making This A Short Night

Tonight will be an early night for me, I think. I am a little tired. We expect bad weather to hit between 10 and midnight and continue through the night.

Between the water-rationing, computer problems, financial challenges, and trying to put together some last minute token handmade gifts for my local friends and neighbors, I have been spreading myself a little thin. It’s time to take a little break, at least for this night.

This weekend, I’ll be working on the January newsletter, getting it ready for proofreading on Tuesday, printing Wednesday, stapling Thursday, and delivering next weekend. I’ll pace myself, of course. That’s one reason I spread it out over the week. If I did it all in one or two days, I could do it, for sure, but I’d be pushing and I’d hate every minute of it. I want to keep it “fun” for me for as long as possible. It’s on a volunteer basis, and if it ever starts to feel like a chore or like work, it will be time for me to hand over the reins.

Today, I did have fun making a couple cute cat toys to give to a friend/neighbor nearby. I won’t say what they are until after Christmas in case they see this – but I will post some photos because they are so darn cute. I might think about putting them into my Etsy shop.

For some folks, this is an especially crazy time. Please do not push yourselves, my friends. Take a deep breath and really look at which things are most important -

No comments: