Friday, May 6, 2016

Kentucky Derby - Satur-Day Fever

Well, I've cleared a few hours for total immersion in tomorrow's Kentucky Derby TV viewing. But nothing will compare, in my lifetime, to last year's fever from, and obsession with, American Pharoah's sweep of all the awards.

There was never any horse that so loved people and was so loved by them - at least none that I can remember.

I've raided my cupboard, fridge and freezer, and set aside plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not) to sustain me for those two hours of pre-Derby races and the race itself. I eat when I'm excited. Oh, okay, I eat for any good excuse of a reason, but when I'm excited, most definitely.

I truly love the horse races and had forgotten how much so until two years ago when California Chrome gathered so much publicity. Then last year, my fever returned. I doubt it will subside.

I love to see live horse races but I suspect that is out for me at this point. I've been blessed with having been to many in my younger days. Beautiful animals - noble in appearance, amazing in action.

So, if you do not hear from me in any way, shape or form mid-day tomorrow, don't be surprised.

No comments: