Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tomorrow - Hopefully Final Post-Op Visit



Well, tomorrow I hope to be released from the lifting/bending restrictions that followed my second and final cataract surgery on the 28th. The first eye had some genetic complications that caused them to insert a tension ring to hold the new lens in place. This one should have been easier but it is harder for me to get the drops in on this side. I end up with wet cheeks and barely enough drops left to finish the eye drop routine without refilling the prescriptions. They said at the last visit that this one is also more swollen inside than the other one. Nothing really, but still I will feel better when they close the folder and send me across the hall for the free pair of prescription glasses.

The surgery left me with great sight as far as colors and distance go, but I do have an astigmatism so will likely end up with bifocals (I’ve had them since I was 20-or-so), but I won’t need them often.

I keep worrying a little about my friends on the East Coast...they are used to storms but this winter, there hasn’t been a break between each one. That makes it much worse than what they’re used to experiencing.
In our area, we’ve had exceptionally mild weather. That could mean a really hot summer.

Weather is something we can’t do much about. It’s all up to the Creator. He set the elements for the weather in motion. We can track weather. We can predict weather. But we cannot change weather. So, we must deal with it. And I must pray for those who are dealing with the worst of it.

I’ve been through bad times and I’ve been through good times. Right now, for me it is not the worst of times. Health-wise, weather-wise, I feel blessed. That is a nice feeling. 

No comments: