Thursday, December 4, 2014

Having Fun with My New Eye



Before I forget, thank you, each of you, for your prayers while I awaited the cataract surgery checkup results this morning. The surgeon said I am probably out of danger of losing the lens in my right eye, now that it has held overnight. We couldn’t be sure until she looked today.

That said, I am having fun. I close one eye at a time, and then compare what I see when I open them. Yes, for now, the new eye is a bit blurry when I look at print, either online or hard copy. But even that is clearing up hour by hour. It is much better than it was at this time last night.

Colors are amazing. I keep wondering if the light sedation they gave (low dose generic for valium, I believe) has me hallucinating these exotic, vivid colors. I didn’t realize how dull my sight had become. Even my AOL home page displays colors I never saw before.

They did say that in my case, I must avoid lifting over 10 pounds until the 29th, and avoid pitching my head forward/down for the same amount of time. Yesterday, they said only a week. Still, that is a small price to pay. I will be a VERY good girl, and drop all my drops in the eye until then, too.

I had to laugh. My brother caught me on the phone at a time when I was waiting for a friend to come by for kitty-litter-duty. He wants to know why I haven’t trained the cat to take care of that herself, or at least get into the bathroom and flush.

I was just looking around the bedroom where this PC sits. The blurriness has just about all gone except for the print on the page. That, too, is slowly clearing.

Tomorrow, I have a meeting to go to, and our Friday morning charity crafters has agreed to not meet, as they each have things they must do. I will be fine to drive over. I do need to wear a shield over that eye while I sleep, until the checkup on the 29th.

Anyhow, my biggest concern, that the lens would not hold, seems to be no longer a concern. Thanks again to those of you who kept me in your prayers. But I don’t know if I can deal with al this bright light - I might have to wear shades all the time after I get the next one done mid-January!!!!  

No comments: