Monday, November 17, 2014

Amazing Little Everyday Miracle



From time to time, I’ve written about how I feel nothing is too small to pray for or about. I figure that if Jesus turned the water into wine, before he was even planning to announce himself to the world, just to save a local groom some embarrassment, then it would be fine to ask about some of my smaller issues.

Today was amazing in that respect. I have been stalling when it comes to packing and returned a bunch of equipment tied to my former contract TV service. They sent me the box, one small piece of bubble wrap (about 36” x 12”), a piece of paper wet-me tape for sealing (not even a yard long), and a prepaid label. 

I finally disconnected the last of the equipment within the past week. I ended up with (are you ready for this), altogether, from all the connections, 4 larger “boxes,” several smaller power supplies, a fat power strip, and 15 (yep, I counted them) various cords, cables and wires. 

There was no way that small piece of wrap was sufficient. And they told me that if anything arrived broken, I’d pay for it. 

I prayed on this issue, feeling it was too trivial but I really needed all the help I could get. Two days ago, I found a grocery bag stuffed with a variety of bubble wrap in my clutter. I brought that into the back bedroom. I spread out all the equipment. 

And I began.

I placed their inadequate piece of bubble wrap on the floor of the box. I began placing the largest pieces of equipment in first. As each piece went in, I grabbed a piece of bubble wrap from my stash. One by one, I managed to get each piece into that box. 

Meanwhile, some “pieces” of bubble wrap turned out to be bubble-wrap-pockets, like pouches. I easily tucked cords, cables and wires into two of these, and small power supplies into another. 

Each time I reached for more bubble wrap, I expected it to be the last piece. That bag of wrap became my “loaves and fishes.” I cannot believe that I kept pulling out more as I needed it. It didn’t look as though I had anywhere near enough, but I did.

When I placed the last wire inside, and gently placed the carton flaps down to see if it would all close, I was happy to see that it will be just fine. I will seal it in the morning and call for pickup. 

And, here’s the real miracle - when I finished, I ended up with exactly as much bubble wrap as I needed, exactly! That grocery store plastic bag I had it all stashed in did not look as though it held that much. It just kept appearing every time I reached inside!

Lord Jesus, even something as trivial as my fears of packing this carton safely and properly was important enough for your help. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this little miracle today. I am still stunned by how well you answered my insignificant prayer. Thank you for this little miracle.  

No comments: