Saturday, October 18, 2014

Tips on Worrying from Guideposts

Guideposts has many, many daily email message choices available when you register on their site - free. One that I love receiving each day is their "Our Prayer - Daily Scripture and Reflections" message.

Today’s really hit home and I have to share it here with you. I will save this somewhere so I can savor it the next time I need it badly...
==============

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11

A Time to Think
Worry is a thin stream of fear that trickles through the mind, which, if encouraged, will cut a channel so wide that all other thoughts will be drained out. –Author Unknown

A Time to Act
Focus not on your fears but your strengths.

A Time to Pray
Heavenly Father, we thank You for the comfort you give us, when we come to You.

This little collection of thoughts plus the verse are tailor-made for many of us in today’s troubled world and all the issues associated with it.

Father, thank you for all the resources available to us today regarding Your Word. Those of us connected to the Internet are far more blessed than we acknowledge. I thank you for that connection and for all the helpful words I find there. Bless those who share them with us.
    

No comments: