Monday, April 7, 2014

Things are in a Bit of a Mess Right Now



Ok, I had plans to work today and the next 3 days, getting things ready for our park's park-wide-yard-sale on the weekend. This meant handling lots of boxes and stacks of stuff in the house.

At the same time, I had plans to take my PC tower with XP on it, plus a dear friend's PC tower with Vista on it, and get them swapped and safe for after the 8th. I had even put a "vacation hold" on my Etsy shop so I wouldn't miss an order, and started putting "temporarily away" messages on my email accounts. I expected this to take 2 or 3 days.

Well, somehow I did something incredibly stupid to my left knee/leg during the box-handling and lifting and toting (sigh). I cannot even walk without my quad cane tonight and the pain is really bad. I'm hoping my generic Tylenol-arthritis strength meds will help. I've also got a pull-on knee brace which I hope will help.

Bottom line - I definitely cannot carry out my tower and stuff to the car tomorrow and get the other one from my friend.

I am not even certain this will heal by the weekend. The yard sale would be on my driveway and there's no way I can do any moving/lifting/toting tomorrow.

It's just possible everything is on hold.

This should be very interesting. I know it will work out, but I am very curious as to how, and when, and what to do in the meantime.

I will be putting up another message after this one, explaining that I will be "offline" for a few days. With XP's support stopping tomorrow, I cannot possibly go online for a few days - not until I deal with the XP-Vista swap.

Yep, it should be interesting.  

No comments: